We have substantial experience related to the settlement and integration of newcomers, including refugees, through a number of performance measurement, evaluation, and other studies.
We have conducted numerous studies at the federal program level, including with Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB).
We have also conducted studies on a more operational level with sector-wide organizations, settlement agencies and local stakeholder groups, including in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.
Our expertise puts us among the top Canadian firms regarding insights into housing and housing needs in Canada. We have conducted numerous studies on a range of topics including:
- homelessness, social housing, affordable housing, immigrant housing and housing in a First Nations context
- the housing market, financial aspects and mortgages
- residential construction
Our studies have included prospective or first-time homeowners, low-income and other vulnerable populations, as well as housing providers and builders.
Child and family supports
We have developed considerable expertise in conducting evaluation, performance measurement and other studies with governmental and non-governmental organizations, at the national, provincial-territorial or local level, in urban, rural or remote communities, and with vulnerable groups.
Our work with these groups has focussed on:
- poverty reduction
- various other health and social services, including pre-and post-natal health and social supports
- child welfare
- youth and adult probation
- family services
- services for Indigenous or newcomer women
- services for victims of violence
- legal clinics
- community support services and community development services